A Chance to Play - South Africa
They are excited to offer you the opportunity to register for our ONLINE TRAINING COURSE – ‘ENABLING THE CHILD’S RIGHT TO PLAY’PLAY’. The course comprises X6 sessions held on Tues, Wed, Thurs from 09:00 - 13:00 on Zoom.The course is participatory and includes opportunities to share previous knowledge and experiences of play and to debate issues through chat and break-away rooms. Types of play are explained in detail to enable a variety of play experiences. Play activities are analysed to determine all their benefits. The sessions interrogate how play can be made inclusive.
- What play really is, its importance in children’s development and well-being and observing play
- The physical, cognitive, social and emotional benefits of different types of play including outdoor play, group games, pretend play, loose parts play, creative play, indigenous games and thinking play (brain games)
- The right of children to play and the barriers that prevent play from happening
- How to enable play in a variety of situations for children of different ages and abilities (Play Forums; Play Clubs; Street Play; How to organise Play Days, Play during a crisis); Advocacy and Lobbying
Who will benefit from this training:
- Child and youth care workers
- Youth and community workers/leaders
- After-school club facilitators
- Parks department officers
- Sport and recreation officers
- Teachers and practitioners
It is our hope that those who undertake this training will commit to providing recreational play opportunities so that children of all ages and abilities can benefit from the opportunity to play.
- Competency in English
- Access to a computer/digital device and efficient internet access the training
- Educational level: At least a matriculation certificate or equivalent
- Interest in learning more about play and its importance in a child’s development
- Interest in working with children and making a difference in their lives
The cost is R300.00 per person for 6 sessions (opening special). The training dates are – 29, 30, 31 March 2022
Click here to apply: Application Form
You can contact 011 484 3633 / 063 652 5016 or email [email protected] for more training opportunities or visit our website http://www.a-chance-to-play.org.za for more on the right of children to play.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal