Global Network of Young People Living with HIV
They are the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+), a network for people living with HIV, run by people living with HIV. We engage with and support national and regional networks of people living with HIV this ensures that our global work is grounded in their local experiences and priorities. The meaningful involvement of people living with HIV is at the heart of all that we do.
The Global Network of Young People Living with HIV is looking for a young person (30 and below) with a passion for campaigns, generating evidence, and communicating programmes impact.
Summary of the role: The incumbent will be responsible for the management of the visibility and profiling of Y+ Global’s work, including the advocacy and highlighting programmatic work through the implementation of the advocacy and communications plan, coordinating the writing and dissemination of resource materials, responding to inquiries from the public and media, coordinate campaigns and other communication and advocacy related tasks.
Reporting to: Director of Programmes, Management, and Governance
Contract Full Time (40 hours per week) Location Flexible
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to implement the communications and advocacy strategy based on the target audience.
- Ensure the communication strategy is properly used to support the implementation of the Y+ Global strategy.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, quarterly and annual reports, speeches, presentations, and other material that communicates the organization’s activities, products, and/or services.
- Support a country network team members and provide training and advice when needed on communication and evidence generating and distribution.
- Create/adapt tools to collect project and other Y+ Global initiatives data
- Collect strategic information from projects implementation for use on resource mobilization, visibility as evidence on policies and programs.
- Regularly coordinate and updates online media platforms
- Regularly gather Project and other Y+ Global initiatives data for reporting to donors, partners, and the communities that we work with.
- Provide social media coverage to Y+ Global Board and staff members at key events and or participation.
- Respond to communities’ inquiries related to Y+ Global ‘s interventions
- Support in proposal writing and reviewing.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Distribute executive messages, prepare presentations and internal memos, and conduct meetings to share information.
- Develop and print materials and branding strategies for Y+ Global Board and staff members to use.
- Provide media and communication training and mentorship for Y+ Global employees and organizations which are receiving small grants from Y+ Global.
- Develop and distribute materials that may explain or convey the organization's policies or position on issues.
- Establish, and maintain Y+ Global media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Coordinate evidence generation for advocacy
- Other duties may include issuing press releases, arranging interviews, and compiling press kits.
Experience and qualifications A tertiary qualification in Communication/Journalism/ Media Studies/ International Relations/ Public Relations Two years’ experience leading advocacy and communication with adolescents and young people living with HIV at national, regional levels and international levels. Strong communication and negotiation skills, with excellent written and spoken English. Excellent Report Writing skills Experience in writing effectively for a range of audiences through various means such as mass media, blogs, and case studies. Personal qualities and skills Ability to communicate well and work with a range of stakeholders Ability to prioritize a busy workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines Demonstrated commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults children and young people. Proven facilitation, training, and capacity building skills, ideally in supporting partners or colleagues Proven experience in commissioning high-quality case studies/photography, video. Proven experience and success in content production and use of social media Language Fluent written and oral English language communication skills Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Submit a one-page letter of interest, a maximum two-page CV, and a zipped folder with your portfolio/ sample work to [email protected] Young people (30 years and below) living with or affected by HIV in all their diversity are encouraged to apply. Y+ Global is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, colour, creed, gender, pregnancy, or HIV status.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies