Freedom House is a nongovernmental human rights organisation based in Washington DC, with a regional office for Southern Africa based in Johannesburg. Under the PROGRESS Consortium, Freedom House is implementing a project to Promote Civic Education and participation in South Africa. This project seeks to ensure that South African citizens have the knowledge of their constitutional rights, tools, and platforms to engage meaningfully in the political processes.
Freedom House intends to conduct and document a capacity building Resource Mobilization and Proposal Writing training for project partners as part of the program sustainability strategy. The training will be an in contact session targeting 30 participants over 32- 40 hours (3-4 days) in line with the government regulations on public health and Covid-19 protocols.
Freedom House envisions the Resource Mobilization and Proposal Writing course will build institutional sustainability for our community partners. These partners face many resource limitations being based in marginalized communities. Access to large scale institutional development funding is not yet possible, given their present organisational status. It is envisaged that by the end of the training participants must be able to: understand the different ways of resource mobilization, understand the principles of project development and proposal writing, organize the different components of a proposal in a logical flow, write an effective proposal according to donor’s requirements and principles, use the M&E frameworks in project design when developing a proposal, and write good quality reports tailored to a target audience.
Preference will be given to consultants who can demonstrate an understanding of the Southern Africa resource mobilisation environment, including private sector funding, small business support for community groups, and the role of local communities in supporting civil society initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design an intensive, 3-4 day “Resource Mobilization and Proposal Writing” course (approximately 40 hours) in consultation with Freedom House. Provide supporting materials to supplement curriculum as needed.
- Design course materials and tools to increase their ability to write good proposals in line with donor’s requirements,
- Ensure the course is participatory, interactive, technically sound, unbiased, and properly targeted to Freedom House project participants.
- Work with translators to ensure that technical terms can be explained in detail in local languages.
- Compile course materials into a final Resource Mobilization and Proposal Writing training manual.
- One training course (approximately 40 hours) on “Resource Mobilization and Proposal writing” implemented with Freedom House.
- Full set of course curriculum, including all modules and attendant materials, submitted as a training manual on Resource Mobilization and Proposal Writing.
- Final report on course implementation with recommendations for program improvement, follow-on course options or activities, etc.
- English speaking and writing skills required (fluency in at least one other South African language would be an added advantage).
- Knowledge of resource mobilization and proposal writing best practices.
- Prior training and ToT experience preferred, with experience in designing and conducting intensive courses/training to political and civil society activists in transitioning environments.
Please submit an application consisting of the following to Ms. Mpangi Kwenge, [email protected] . The application should include:
- Motivation letter detailing experience and suitability for this call;
- Detailed Proposal with course outline;
- Detailed Budget
In addition to the above you will also be required to submit proof of past experience conducting similar activities.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Applications will be evaluated on their responsiveness to the scope of work, relevant and demonstrated experience, and cost-effectiveness.
For more about Freedom House, refer to www.freedomhouse.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies