ACFS Community Education & Feeding Scheme
Post: Programmes Manager
Closing Date: 28/01/22
Send CV’s to [email protected]
ACFS Community Education and Feeding Scheme is a non-profit organisation (NPO) that promotes and supports inclusive education practices in schools and preschools throughout the country. The organisation’s core focus is the implementation of funded projects designed to sensitise and empower all role layers to an inclusive approach to educating the children in their community.
ACFS programme work requires both strategic and operational coordination to ensure that the organisation grows its capacity and deepens the impact of its work. This a senior level post that requires an understanding of both strategy and operations and how to bring these two components together to maximise the quality of the organisation’s programme delivery. The post requires an advance understanding of socio-economic, development, community development programmes and interventions and the impact it has on communities. Determining and ensuring programme quality is a key feature of this position.
Duties & Responsibility:
- Ensure that clear operation Plans are in place, and understood across the work streams and programme areas of ACFS
- Manage all programme units for programme delivery and administration, providing support to ensure delivery on ACFS’s goals, objectives, programmes and strategic plans.
- Feed programme information into strategic planning processes as well as proposal development initiatives.
- Link between research and development and programme managers around quality and contextual issues, reality-testing.
- Link between finance, admin and programmes for resourcing.
- Clarify details of programme activities for costing.
- Monitor utilisation of time and promote time-consciousness.
- Negotiate cross team support to ensure that tasks are completed timeously and cost effectively
- Link between Executive Director and programmes for delivery, staff support needs, utilisation of posts, changes and deviations from goals, growth of work – potential for new or extended projects.
- Institute monthly management reviews to strengthen communication and address policy issues, strategic programming issues and to discuss management accounts and financial overview.
- Ensure that M+E Plans and tools in place at start-up of projects and that there is cohesiveness across programmes
- Map Resource needs and provision for programmes.
- Timely monitoring of progress against implementation
- Plans and corrective action taken as necessary and as timeously as possible.