Irene Homes is a non-profit organisation working with women who are intellectually disabled within a residential facility.
Irene Homes seeks to appoint a Professional Nurse to be be based in Pretoria.
The position consists of 70% managerial responsibilities and 30% direct patient care.
- Relevant Qualification and valid SANC registration
- 7 to 10 years post qualification experience working in hospitals, aged care facility or any other reputable establishment
- Experience overseeing a healthcare team
- Be of an empathetic and compassionate nature and able to work client-centered
- Valid code 08 driver’s license
- Knowledge of packing/dispensing of medication
- Computer literate – Proficient in MS Office Package
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking responsibility for the functioning of the Health Care Department, including the delegation of care needs to Nursing Staff and Care Workers
- Rendering of Nursing services:
- Attend to accurate diagnostic, acute & chronic medical treatment needs of the residents
-Organising Doctor’s visits and other specialised consultations outside the system
-Ensuring that all relevant medical records are prepared and kept for doctor’s visit and for the monitoring of Residents Health
-Monitor scripts for chronic medication and the upkeep of medicine administration charts and CARDEX
-Keep Resident’s medical file’s up-to-date
-Write medical reports for referrals and as requested.
- Managing staff attendance, overtime, duty rosters, staff disciplines, grievances and performance appraisals, etc.
- Record keeping and keeping of statistics as required
- Compiling weekly Health care reports
- Ensure that the daily Health Clinic and doctors’ clinics are organised
- Ensure that the residents’ diets are healthy and nutritional needs are attended to
- Ensure that safety precautions are adhered to as compliant with the OHS Act
- Do regular health inspections of residential houses and the work centers
- Ensure that all applicable policies and procedures are adhered to (health, hygiene, stock control, medication, resident health care, Covid-19)
- Be an advocate for our intellectually disabled beneficiaries, ensuring that their rights are observed
- Do Stock control and stock-taking as indicated
- Do counseling, care groups & health education were indicated with beneficiaries and/or families
- Keep up to date with health information and information specifically relating to the care of a person with intellectual disabilities
- Deal with emergencies and ensure that emergency measures are in place and being adhered to; including the completion of Incident reports
- Do Standby duties as required
- Liaise professionally with external service providers
- Recon of medical-related invoices and follow-up of payments
- Schedule and lead regular department meetings
Salary is NPO market related
For more about Irene Homes, refer to www.irenehomes.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies