My Vote Counts
My Vote Counts (MVC) is a non-profit organisation that works towards a South Africa where every adult has equal access to, equal control of and equal participation in our democratic process. The organisation was formally registered in 2014 and has made an impact in ensuring that South Africans are a step closer to understanding who pays for our politics and focusing on ways in which we can hold our elected representatives to account.
My Vote Counts seeks to appoint a Admin and Finance Officer to be based in Cape Town.
They are looking for a self-motivated individual with a commitment to social justice to work with a driven and dynamic team towards achieving My Vote Counts’ mission. If you are looking for an opportunity to play a role in building an organisation that will make South African politics fairer and will deepen our democracy – this opportunity is for you!
You will provide administration support to the MVC Director and small team, including, internal office management, financial administration and general project support.
Employment duration: 1-year fixed contract with option to renew.
Start date: As soon as possible
Reports to: MVC Director
Administration and governance:
- General office administration.
- Supporting the research team on logistics of delivering of our popular education workshops.
- Managing the organisation’s online databases.
- Liaising with service providers, including accountants and IT support.
- Supporting the Director in developing internal policies.
- Managing the organisation’s calendar.
- Managing a compliance check-list and ensure compliance with CIPC, SARS and MVC donors.
Financial administrative activities:
- Monthly reconciling of financial spend, aligned to budget and funders.
- Manage procurement for the organisation and individual projects.
- Payroll input for payroll accountants.
- Loading of bank payments.
- Managing the organisation’s asset register.
- Support auditors in annual audits.
- A proven commitment to social justice work.
- An alignment to MVC’s principles of democracy, transparency and accountability, social justice and building people’s power.
- Strong administrative skills, time-management skills, communications skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must have your own transport.
Education and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in working in an NGO environment is an advantage.
- Basic IT skills, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Drive.
A competitive remuneration will be offered based on skills and experience.
MVC is based in Salt River, Cape Town, and the successful candidate will need to be based at the MVC office once it is fully opened, based on the Covid-19 safety protocol.
Email your full curriculum vitae, a motivation letter (note if you send us an application letter that fails to speak to the work of MVC, do not expect to be shortlisted) and the names of three references to [email protected].
Please include “Finance and Admin Officer” in the subject heading.