UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Social Protection policies provides Governments with tools to protect populations from socio-economic shocks by creating income and job security as well as a platform to connect the poor, the majority of whom are women, to other essential services, such as education, health, nutrition and financial services. UN Women collaborates with stakeholders and partners to ensure a gender perspective is incorporated into social protection policies and programmes, with a focus on the informal sector of the economy and advocate for (i) Investments in universal, gender responsive social protection systems; (ii) expanded access to affordable, quality childcare services; and (iii) reversal of longstanding inequalities in world of work. This is in line with UN Women’s Global Flagship Programme on Income Security through decent work and social protection for women. Reporting to the Regional Programme Specialist WEE, the Programme Analyst provides programme support to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the Multi Country Office (MCO) by contributing in the programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. The Programme Analyst supports the delivery of UN Women programmes by analyzing results achieved during implementation and supporting appropriate application of systems and procedures. The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Description of Responsibilities:
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Social Protection:
Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to Social Protection
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Social Protection programme:
- Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners:
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes.
Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of Social Protection programme:
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
- Provide inputs to financial reports;
- Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants as needed.
Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies:
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, talking points and donor reports.
Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on Social Protection to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the Multi Country Office:
Provide technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to Social Protection;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on Social Protection.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of Social Protection.
Education and Certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the area of Social Protection is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
UN WOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
Applications should be sent through the below link:
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: to [email protected]
For more about the United Nations Women, refer to www.unwomen.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.