At Numeric they are a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics, and we’re looking for a Business Development Manager to help us grow by supporting our fundraising efforts. We run after-school mathematics programs for primary school kids in 44 partner schools across Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg.
Numeric is looking for a Business Development Manager (Fundraiser) to join its team of friendly people on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics.
The ideal candidate is a friendly self-starter who communicates well and can handle a wide variety of tasks. This person is competent and efficient; someone who believes in our vision and mission, and who is passionate about sharing our work with potential donors.
The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying, developing, and managing potential donor relationships
- Writing funding proposals
- Preparing high-quality reports for funders
- Preparation and distribution of Section18A Certificates
- Administration and meticulous record-keeping
- Maintaining a database of current and potential funders, with systems to track, monitor and manage incoming funds
- Creating engaging marketing materials for the organisation
- Supporting the CEO in the development and distribution of the Annual Report
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and to handle a wide range of tasks
- Interest in community development and education
- Relevant experience in the non-profit sector and/or marketing and sales
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience in the development sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of South Africa’s funding landscape (BBBEE, CSI, etc.)
Interested applicants should submit a CV (maximum 2 pages) and 1-2-page letter of motivation to [email protected] with “Business Development Manager” in the subject line by latest Friday, 25 June. Please ensure that your letter of motivation explains why you want to work for Numeric and why you would be well-suited to this position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Numeric, refer to www.numeric.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies