Daveyton Association for Physically Disabled and Elethu Cheshire home
Elethu Cheshire Home Daveyton is a registered NPO public benefit organisation. The Home is a 24-hour residential care facility for adults with disabilities between the ages of 18 and 60 who are still socially active. The Home is based in Daveyton and can accommodate up to 19 residents with 5 tenants in the independent living cottages. We provide 24-hour care which includes bed turning, bathing, feeding, laundry, psychosocial support, skills development and social services.
Daveyton Association for the Physically Disabled and Elethu Cheshire Home seeks to appoint a Social Worker based in Daveyton area.
This is a shared post. The successful candidate will be expected to work for each organisation certain days per week and attend to the needs of each organisation fully.
Remuneration: To be discussed during the interview
- Providing psycho-social support services to people with disabilities, their families and community at large (home visits, counselling, conducting group work with beneficiaries)
- Conducting disability awareness to the community (clinics, schools, malls)
- Liaising with community networks and other stakeholders
- Performing administrative duties as requested by management
- Report writing, assisting with progress reports, six moths report and annual report applications to Lotto and other donors
- Bachelor Degree in Social work
- Current registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions
- Fluency in English and at least two local South African languages
- Driver’s license and ability to drive (a must)
- Good interpersonal and report writing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Computer literacy is a prerequisite
- Passion for people with disabilities
- Experience in NPO’s or a similar working environment will be an advantage
- Hardworking and ability to work under pressure
Submit your CV with 3 contactable references, certified qualifications, proof of registration with the SACCP and South African ID copy to the manager at [email protected] or hand deliver at 2006/7/8 Heald Street Daveyton- opposite Shell Garage between 09h00 and 15h00 week days. If you have not heard from us by the25th May 2021, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.