St George's Home for Girls
St George’s Home for Girls is a registered Child and Youth Care Centre. In fact, it is currently the only residential care facility in the Wynberg District which provides for girls between the ages of 3 and 18 who are abused, abandoned, neglected and orphaned. Children from failed foster placements and those with behavioural problems are also cared for. We also care for children infected and affected by HIV/Aids.
St George's Home for Girls seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Cape Town.
To ensure all aspects of the Social Work and Child Care service delivery run effectively and efficiently according to the Children’s Act.
- To oversee all statutory and social work related matters in respect of all children in care
- To participate in the management team to drive innovation, assist with policy development and budgeting for the social work and child care department
- To lead an effective multi- disciplinary team in order to provide the best possible care for all the children served
- To conduct in service training and development
- To develop and implement community parenting skills programme
- Requirements for the Job:
- Social Work registration with the SACSSP,
- 5 year’s work experience
- Statutory work experience
- Community Work Experience
- Counselling skills & Play therapy
- Training Experience
- Programme Development and monitoring skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Driver’s licence.
- Previous work experience at a CYCC will be an advantage
- Police clearance certificate
Please send your application to [email protected]
Only qualified individuals as listed above will be considered for an interview.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application submission, please deem your application unsuccessful.
For more about St George's Home for Girls, refer to St George's Home for Girls – Child & Youth Care Centre (st-georges.org.za)
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies