A Chance to Play - South Africa
A Chance to Play South Africa (ACTP) is a registered non-profit organisation that promotes the right of all children from birth to 18 years, to have access to safe, age- and ability-appropriate play as part of their development and well-being. ACTP is therefore committed to building the capacity of anyone interested in facilitating play including parents – ensuring every child has access to appropriate, high quality play.
They are excited to offer you the opportunity to register for our ONSITE TRAINING COURSE – ‘ENABLING THE CHILD’S RIGHT TO PLAY’. This 3-day face-to-face training workshop entitled “Enabling the Child’s Right to Play” is participatory as it includes sharing previous knowledge and experiences of play, debating issues and actively taking part in different types of play such as big group games, free play, pretend play and more.
- What play really is, its importance in children’s development and well-being and observing play
- The physical, cognitive, social and emotional benefits of different types of play including outdoor play, group games, pretend play, loose parts play, creative play, indigenous games and thinking play (brain games)
- The right of children to play and the barriers that prevent play from happening
- How to enable play in a variety of situations for children of different ages and abilities (Play Forums; Play Clubs; Street Play; How to organise Play Days, Play during a crisis); Advocacy and Lobbying
Who will benefit from this training:
- Child and youth care workers
- Youth and community workers/leaders
- After-school club facilitators
- Parks department officers
- Sport and recreation officers
- Teachers and practitioners
It is our hope that those who undertake this training will commit to providing recreational play opportunities so that children of all ages and abilities can benefit from the opportunity to play.
- Competency in English
- Interest in learning more about play and its importance in a child’s development
- Interest in working with children and making a difference in their lives
- Educational level: At least a matriculation certificate or equivalent
With funding from terre des hommes (tdh) Germany, ACTP has a few spaces available for the partially sponsored onsite training course at the cost of R950 which is 65% of the actual (R1490) course fee. (if there are 20 participants) Training can also be conducted onsite upon request.
The training dates are – 8, 9, and 10 of June 2021
Click here to apply: Application Form
You can contact 011 484 3633 / 063 652 5016 or email [email protected] for more training opportunities or visit our website http://www.a-chance-to-play.org.za for more on the right of children to play.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal