IRD SA NPC
Job Title: Quality Improvement Data Analyst
Location: 1x KwaZulu Natal,
Employment Type: Fixed term contract
Reports to: The Quality Improvement Advisor
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Project Name: CDC-South Africa Optimizing Performance by Improving Quality (OPIQ)
Locations: KwaZulu-Natal (EThekwini, UMgungundlovu, UThukela, and Zululand Districts)
Background: The project is in the first year of a five-year cooperative agreement with CDC-South Africa, working in KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape, with funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA), University of California, San Francisco- Global Health Sciences (UCSF- GHS) and HEALTHQUAL bring complementary expertise to the consortium. GHS brings expertise in data visualization, informatics, and expertise in implementation science as it relates to the harvesting and standardizing of best practices for change interventions. HEALTHQUAL provides expertise and rich experience designing and implementing improvement collaboratives, national and sub-national learning networks; QI coaching mentorship, QI coach curriculum development and adaptation; QI knowledge management; and the development of change packages. IRD SA has extensive expertise designing, leading, and implementing site level QI activities in South Africa at the district and facility level; a rich network of contacts at PEPFAR partners, DOH and other NGOs; and on the ground experience implementing public health initiatives in collaboration with national and sub-national DOH
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The purpose of this job is to manage data and assist in the analysis of data and identify gaps using quality improvement technique. Testing and spreading change ideas to close the gaps and track data over time to see improvement. Develop QI data for improvement analysis capacity among IRD teams and DOH staff.
- Fulfil any other duties and responsibilities as determined by management with regard to the operational and management needs of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES RELATED TO KRA (Maximum 2 pages)
If one of the KRAs includes financial responsibilities, then explain the nature and extent below.
1. Quality Improvement
- Coach and mentor the Provincial data team, Programme and PHC managers, District Information teams to conduct QI interventions towards improving target indicators.
- Identify bottlenecks using data
- Test and spread change ideas to close identified gaps
- Conduct QI learning sessions
- Maintain continuous communication with the DSP, Facility District and Sub-District DOH team
- Record QI activities and document success stories and challenges.
- Capacitate District and Sub-District staff on use of the QI tools
- Conduct Data integrity audits
2. Data Management
- Prepare data analysis for QI team and other projects within the project.
- Develop data collection tools and evaluation methodologies to assist the health data programmes.
- Capacitate DOH staff at all levels on how to use and interpret run charts.
- Track data over time to see improvement and present it to the DSP and DOH staff.
- Capacitate the DOH data management to improve in data quality.
- Assist the project data quality officers to understand data quality improvement methodology.
- Supporting the development of data collection tools
- Developing and defining data indicators for the community level of the 1st 90
- Assist DOH staff in developing programme tools that will lead to successful changes/improvement, e.g. SOP, screening tools, etc.
- Manage data entry processes
- Manage and troubleshoot: data entry forms; filing; systems for checking the accuracy of data collected.
- Check and clean raw data to identify errors.
- Ensure that the security of all data is maintained and confidentiality of participants is protected.
- Manage access on the IRD system
- Manage electronic DATA on the system/
- Extract data from the database for purposes of analysis.
- Access data from Web DHIS and Tier.net as detailed in the data SOP
- Capacitate IRD team on data for improvement methodologies.
- Attend all DOH health data strengthening meetings.
- Writing of project reports
- Determine the most effective work procedures and methods to achieve the organizational goals.
- Assist in the documentation of the MOU
- Attend strategic meetings for the project
- Be acquainted with all relevant DOH data policies and support reporting
4. Other duties
- Assist and give data advice within the organisation.
- Support in the writing of the project abstracts and publications.
|KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS (KRA) (Maximum 5 KRA)||% OF JOB|
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POST|
||NQF 7 in Computer Science, Information Systems and/ or Data Management
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title and your preferred location to be based in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday, 14 August 2020
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer