Established in 1872, the Cape of Good Hope SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) is the founding society of the SPCA movement in South Africa and is the oldest animal welfare organisation in the country. A registered non-profit organisation (NPO 003-244) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO 930004317), the society relies on the support of concerned individuals and corporates to continue operating. Over the past 147 years SPCA have diligently carried out our mission to prevent cruelty to animals. This is done through education, law enforcement, veterinary care services (operating an animal hospital, and four mobile clinics serving impoverished communities), an Animal Care Centre, Horse Care and Farmyard Unit, and Wildlife Facility.
Based in Cape Town Cape of Good Hope SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) seeks to fill the following position:
DIGITAL CAMPAIGNER and FUNDRAISER
The Digital Campaigner and Fundraiser will operate in the Communication and Resource Development department and reports to the manager of this department. The primary function of this position is to develop and implement an online fundraising strategy using all the digital tools required to meet targets (Conversion, Income, Reach and Engagement). The position also requires the applicant to develop copy and graphics to support our individual giving campaigns, update fundraising campaigns to our website and the source content for general marketing purposes.
Major Responsibilities for this position include:
- Content marketing and development
- Email design and deployment using Mail Chimp templates and tools
- Graphic design of fundraising materials in the Adobe creative package
- On-site photography and content sourcing
- Research and reporting using Google and Social media analytics tools
- Social Media community and inbox management on all platforms including;
- Facebook page
- Copywriting and graphic design for online fundraising in support of the individual giving programme as well as general campaigns which may be educational in nature.
- Website maintenance in Wordpress
The Digital Campaigner and Fundraiser must have knowledge and skills including:
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing/ Comms preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with the other staff members, the public and potential donors
- Strong verbal communication skills – excellent command of English essential
- Good creative writing skills - ability to draft E- Campaigns, social media posts and appeals
- A natural attention to detail
- A passion for animal welfare and a commitment to the cause
- Driver’s license required
- Fundraising experience is as essential as an eye for a good story!
- Awareness of current animal welfare issues and digital campaigns