Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Job Title: Programme Associate (Admin and Finance)
Duration : Fixed Term Contract (October 2020 – June 2023)
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement. CCI has been implementing Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) programs since 2004.
Under the Direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) the Programme Associate (Finance and Admin) will be responsible for supporting the Project Finance function and also supporting the project’s office administration including payment requisition reviews, preparation of payment vouchers, monthly reporting support and all administrative needs of the Project.
Support Finance Processes
- Prepare payment requisitions for authorisation by the Project Director.
- Review and process advances and travel claim payments for the project staff.
- Review and process service provider & sub-partner payments on the banking system.
- Capture all monthly project expenditure on the accounting system
- Submit all payment vouchers to the compliance officer for review at month end.
- Resolve review queries raised by the compliance officer on the payment vouchers.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly allocation of shared costs (e.g. rent, electricity, office supplies, etc), based on project staff timesheets.
- Assist the Finance Manager with monthly sub-partner reviews
- Prepare and maintain an assets / inventory register for the project
Conduct general administrative functions
- Administrative support to all community partners as needed.
- Responds to inquiries via email, phone and mails.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes all incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence
- Maintains newspaper clippings and files for future access.
- Ongoing evaluation of media monitoring.
- Completes special projects and other duties as required.
- Organizes and schedules meetings, including contacting participants, booking rooms, ordering catering, and arranging for parking as required.
- Support the planning, coordination, and implementation of activities of the project.
- Support the project with scheduling of meetings, events, and conference calls as needed.
- Participate in any working group or task team as appropriate and provide meeting organization, facilitation, documentation and follow-up communication.
Manage the record keeping system
- Maintains records for all internal project meetings and all administrative documentation for future access.
- Ensure the compliance team is updated on all GBV Project records.
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system including archival and storage inventories for the programme as needed.
Perform operational/administrative function
- Prepare purchase orders, cheque requests, travel and expense claims with accuracy and proper signatures.
- Assists with reconciling purchase orders and ensures invoices are submitted to Finance for processing.
- Ensures coordination of project’s monthly administrative routines (timesheets, attendance registers, leave reports, travel documents).
- Support the GBV Project with the arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, identity cards and other documents.
- Provide support in tracking procurement requests – this includes attending to quality control checks upon receipt and distribution of materials.
- Work closely with the COP, DCOP and Programme Managers/ Specialists to ensure all logistical and operational requirements related to programme areas are met.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any related qualification would be accepted with relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated finance and office administrative experience.
- QuickBooks experience (added advantage)
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in one other SA language
- Excellent typing, writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pace atmosphere and perform as a team player as well as demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to respond effectively to urgent requests, and to prioritize workload as per needs of various program areas.
- Ability to interact with persons from a variety of professional disciplines and from different levels of society in a tactful, diplomatic, and culturally-appropriate manner.
Interested candidates should forward a motivation letter and updated CV to CCI Human Resources at [email protected] Shortlisting will start on Monday the 17th of August 2020, Please note that the position will remain opened until filled.