Resilience is the ability to thrive in the face of difficult circumstances. Resilience is likely to develop from both
internal and environmental factors:
- Loving close relationship with a supportive and ‘available’ caregiver.
- A stable, supportive family environment that provides structure, clear rules and good supervision.
- Emotional support outside the family eg. Community, religious leaders, teachers or peers.
- Some school environments are more effective than others.
- Role models who display good problem solving skills – who have survived adversity themselves.
To read more, refer to http://www.pfp4sa.org/resources