Work4You is a well-established nonprofit organisation that trains young people with intellectual disabilities and places them in the open labour market. As part of training and fund generation Work4You runs a factory that produces dog treats and supplies these to various retail outlets. The organisation operates from Durham Road Salt River.
Work4You seeks to appoint a part-time Public Relations (PR), Marketing and Sales Officer, based in Cape Town.
The person will report to the operations manager.
- Maintaining relationships and deliveries to existing customers;
- Expanding our customer base;
- Recruitment of new trainees;
- Writing a quarterly newsletter;
- Managing the NGO’s website and social media links;
- General admin support as needed.
- Computer literate and competent in the Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to manage an existing website;
- Marketing and sales experience;
- Own transport (work related expenses will be reimbursed);
- Good verbal and written language and communication skills;
- Good with people;
- Ability to assimilate into and work well with a small team of colleagues, as well as take direction from the operations manager;
- Positive and outgoing.
- Experience of working for an NGO that deals with disabilities;
- Working knowledge of G-mail;
- Qualification in marketing;
- Potential future availability to work full-time if the need arises.
Remuneration: R6 000 per month plus work-related travel expenses.
Four day working week – 20 hours Monday to Thursday (09h00 - 14h00)
Paid leave: three weeks per annum, plus the week between Christmas and New Year.
To apply, submit your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Work4You, refer to www.work4you.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.