The Wheat Trust
WHEAT Trust is a women’s fund that supports grassroots women-led organisations to seek local solutions to local problems. WHEAT Trust invests in education, training and capacity building to foster women’s leadership and to empower women to uplift themselves and their communities.
WHEAT Trust seeks to appoint a Fundraiser/Development Officer, based in Wynberg, Cape Town.
The person will have a minimum of three years fundraising experience in the NGO sector. s/he must be available to attend networking functions and identify fundraising opportunities.
This is a 12-month renewable contract based on performance and achieving fundraising targets to develop and implement a fundraising/sponsorship plan, manage all donors, communications and media.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organisations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations);
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organisation;
- Maintain a website and regularly update it with information about organisation’s work;
- Assist the Director in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission;
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organisation;
- Assist the Director in developing business plans to generate income from various sources;
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organisation;
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organisation;
- Improve and develop communications material for the organisation such as brochure, website, annual report, DVD, poster, etc;
- Organise or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organisation.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilisation.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter outlining why they should be considered for this important role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you are not invited for an interview, consider your application unsuccessful. WHEAT Trust reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about WHEAT Trust, refer to www.wheattrust.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.