United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the food aid branch of the United Nations, and the world's largest humanitarian organisation addressing hunger worldwide.
The United Nations WFP seeks to appoint a Staff Assistant for the Programme unit, based in Johannesburg.
Internal Vacancy Announcement: OMJ/VA 18/2013
Position Grade: G5 (fixed term)
The Staff Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Programme Adviser.
- Update Programme Unit Leave plans - on a weekly basis;
- Prepare daily attendance and absence record for HR (attaching leave slips or other documentation) - (by end of first week of every month);
- Update Unit Calendar on a daily basis;
- Maintain various mailing lists (in consultation with IT) so that they are always up to date;
- Arrange travel for the unit (in liaison with administration) and preparing TA’s and TEC’s as required;
- Arrange meeting rooms / conference calls as required;
Make the administrative arrangements for workshops:
- Prepare budget
- Source venues ensuring Admin and Procurement requirements are followed
- Liaise with HQ / facilitators
- Prepare logistics note
- Prepare participants and itinerary lists
- Organise accommodation and airport transfers
- Prepare documentation and providing assistance during the workshops
- Raise PR’s and following up on invoice payments - as required;
- Prepare Unit Procurement Plan (organising stationary) - every quarter;
- Maintain project documents/project cycle filing by country - on daily basis;
- Post documents on SharePoint or other corporate IT knowledge transfer tool;
- Perform liaison duties with other units by supporting supervisor in consolidating documents and reports, following up on the deadlines for various correspondence and on a range of assignments to ensure timely response to all clients;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school education (Grade 12 or equivalent), preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to WFP programme activities;
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible support or secretarial work experience including at least two years in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations or other related field;
- Minimum of one year at G4 level or equivalent;
- Knowledge of standard computer applications including word processing and spreadsheets. Knowledge of ERPs (SAP, Oracle or similar software packages and systems) and/or use of data base an advantage;
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and a United Nations Personal History Form (P.11), to: HR.Johannesburg@wfp.org, quoting announcement No: 18/2013.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Food Programme, refer to www.wfp.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.