United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the food aid branch of the United Nations, and the world's largest humanitarian organisation addressing hunger worldwide.
The United Nations WFP seeks to appoint a Information Technology Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
Internal Vacancy Announcement: OMJ/VA 26/2013
Position Grade: G5 (fixed term)
- Assist in training and support of users of technology and systems, such as audio / videoconferences, meetings, databases, registries, networks, etc;
- Assist in the deployment / dissemination of standard material, such as, computer hardware and/or software, applications, programs, directories, telephony, web content, publications, database content, training material, etc;
- Assist in the maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks, such as backing up data, monitoring network and systems, servers and peripherals, running systems diagnostics, patch management and systems optimisation, removing viruses and bad data, etc;
- Administer user access to systems and databases, monitor system and application usage;
- Assist in resolution of problems by monitoring inboxes and responding to queries, identifying and forwarding issues to the appropriate person;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school education (Grade 12 or equivalent), supplemented by technical training in electronic or telecommunications, computers technology or other related fields;
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible support in Information Technology such as WAN/LAN networking, operating systems or similar;
- Experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit, web design team, telephone maintenance service or similar;
- Alternatively, recent graduate with relevant degree / Higher diploma with limited working experience;
- Knowledge of standard computer applications including word processing and spreadsheets and knowledge of common basic software packages;
- Knowledge of commonly used office equipments;
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and a United Nations Personal History Form (P.11), to: HR.Johannesburg@wfp.org, quoting Announcement No: 26/2013.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Food Programme, refer to www.wfp.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.