Umtha Welanga is a nonprofit, community-based project that provides capacity building on HIV/AIDS through education and awareness programmes. The orgnaisation renders support services to people infected and affected, recruits and monitors foster placements and parents so as to provide a family environment for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVC).
Umtha Welanga seeks to appoint a Home Based Care Worker (HBCW), based in Khayelitsha, Cape town.
This is a one-year contract position starting on 3 December 2012.
The person will provide and coordinate individualised care and resources to people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. S/he will ensure that all Home Care is provided in a caring and respectful manner at all times. S/he will liaise with other community services and resources to ensure that other resources are involved, if required.
- Provide home care (care, counselling and support) to people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Provide support to families living with HIV/AIDS;
- Ensure that care is provided according to all relevant policies, procedures and regulations;
- Identify persons requiring home care and client needs;
- Discuss concerns and home care programme with family members - involve family members in the home care programme;
- Encourage clients and families to take responsibility for care if appropriate;
- Establish and maintain current, accurate, confidential files for each client;
- Establish support groups and promote information sharing;
- Establish positive relationships between family members;
- Submit monthly reports to the supervisor.
- Possess a culture of awareness and sensitivity;
- Demonstrate sound work ethic;
- Compassionate and understanding;
- Respect cultural differences;
- Work effectively as a member of a team;
- Work independently;
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings;
- Effective verbal, listening and communication skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours (only if the need arises);
- Willingness to assist with other programme work in the organisation.
Salary: R2 500 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Vivienne Mciteka, Director, Umtha Welanga, P.O. Box 16, Khayelitsha, 7785.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.
For more about Umtha Welanga, refer to www.umthawelanga.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.