Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing CSI funds and trusts for large and medium-sized business. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health and social development, sustainable livelihoods and enterprise development.
Tshikululu seeks to appoint a Financial Manager, based in Johannesburg, to contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of financial administration/internal support services, and to the company’s financial systems and processes.
- Manage the company’s monthly financial accounting reporting and processes;
- Manage monthly and quarterly financial reporting to clients and other stakeholders, including attendance of meetings;
- Produce annual financial statements for the company and the various funds under management;
- Manage the external auditors twice a year in respect of various funds under management;
- Delivery of corporate and fund budgets and forecasts;
- Comply with statutory, accounting, company, and governance standards and requirements;
- Contribute to the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and attend quarterly meetings;
- Manage Corporate Finance and Fund Finance staff, and provide effective direction to the two teams;
- Manage financial IT systems and processes;
- Manage relations with banking institutions;
- Manage relations and submissions to SARS (including the Tax Exemption Unit), Department of Social Development ,and other regulatory authorities;
- Review audit files and final adjusting journals for external audits, including providing responses to audit queries;
- Ensure that information for audits complies with statutory and accounting standards and requirements;
- Manage relationships and communications with internal stakeholders;
- Provide training to the organisation regarding financial statements and knowledge sharing;
- Manage various finance projects and ad hoc tasks as required by the CFO.
- Must have CA (SA) qualification and have completed articles with a reputable auditing firm;
- Minimum of five years post-articles experience in financial accounting, reporting and risk management;
- Up-to-date knowledge of IFRS, King 3, BEE codes, and the Companies Act;
- Knowledge of income tax, public-benefit organisations and non-profit organisations;
- Experience in drawing up IFRS-compliant financial statements for external audit purposes;
- Strong conceptual, analytical and high-level administrative skills;
- Highly developed computer skills are mandatory (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Knowledge of Accpac would be a strong recommendation;
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and management skills;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and results driven;
- Valid light-motor-vehicle licence.
Only South African citizens will be considered. Preference will be given to AA candidates.
A market-related salary (CTC) will be offered.
To apply, refer to http://tshikululu.recruitbank.co.za/candidate/jobsearch.aspx.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost nor relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.