Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is a social investment agency that manages Corporate Social Investment (CSI) funds and trusts for large and medium-sized business. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health and social development, sustainable livelihoods and enterprise development.
Tshikululu Advisory Services, a new division of Tshikululu, provides specialist consulting services to a range of clients, including corporate, trusts, and foundations, to improve the performance and impact of their social investments.
Tshikululu seeks to appoint an Associate Consultant, based in Johannesburg.
Tshikululu Advisory Services is a new unit and the ideal candidate will be flexible and enjoy the challenges and opportunities this brings. Tshikululu is interested in candidates who want to use their consulting experience to provide support to a team which is focused on developing innovative social investment solutions for clients who are committed to social development.
- Flexibly support a variety of client projects, under the direction of the Consulting Manager; roles will vary from project-to-project, but will include independent management and delivery of individual workstreams and research projects;
- Actively contribute to the thinking around, and delivery of, innovative client projects that are on-time, accurate, address client needs and seek to optimise social impact;
- Responsively provide client service and support;
- Participate in the start-up and establishment of Tshikululu Consulting in the marketplace, including contributing to the development of the unit’s strategy, as well as new business development;
- Contribute to the development, standardisation, and implementation of internal operational frameworks and protocols, including those around project management, knowledge management, and service delivery;
- Recording, storing and updating of relevant research data and project management information;
- Contribute to knowledge-sharing and thought-leadership initiatives, both internally and externally;
- Independently manage internal administration and take on unit administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Appropriate undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as economics, sustainability, or development studies, etc.;
- Strong analytical abilities (both quantitative and qualitative);
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- Proven strong research skills, including desktop and field-based;
- Outstanding writing abilities, including willingness and ability to write for publication;
- Previous strategy or management consulting experience is preferable (one to three years);
- Ability to meet deadlines and assist in the delivery of high quality projects within short timeframes;
- Ability and desire to work in a start-up team committed to using its skills to create greater social impact;
- Experience in working in a project team preferred;
- Sound interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to work with stakeholders in the corporate, government and NGO sectors;
- Good presentation, writing and interpersonal skills;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Ability and willingness to travel to diverse, often rural, parts of the country;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary: A market related salary will be offered.
Apply online, click here.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens will be considered. This is an Affirmative Action Appointment.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable neither for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Tshikululu, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.