Township Patterns is a unique social enterprise in the meetings, incentives, conferences and events (MICE) producing eco-friendly handmade bags. The range is made by fair trade women’s cooperatives in the townships in South Africa. Each item sold brings economic improvement and opportunity for sustainable development to the women and their communities. Township Patters is a member if the World Fair Trade Organisation promoting good working conditions, payment of a fair price and also respect for the environment.
Township Patterns seeks to appoint a Sales Consultant, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be an energetic and bright sales person offering unique social enterprise which is making a huge difference to the lives of hundreds of people across the Cape Flats. Township Patterns is a truly sustainable, Its' track record of continued improvement, combined with excellence and passion have delivered impressive results for more than a decade.
- Manage the sales process, focusing on the first four stages of the pipe line providing accurate information all along the process;
- Communicating and engaging with current clients;
- Managing the leads coming from different trade shows events;
- Be responsible for completing and maintaining information into client database (zoho.com);
- Identifying new clients and entering into negotiations with them;
- Agreeing terms with clients and ensuring these are delivered;
- Participate in meetings, both internal and external;
- Market research and marketing:
- Develop comprehensive market research for defined markets and drivers providing relevant information on:
- Specific contact details;
- Key contact details;
- Opportunities in the market (conferences, events, congress, end of the year meetings etc.);
- Make notes / recommendations on possibilities on how to engage the potential markets or costumers;
- Once research has being completed, engage the leads according to the results with an specific approach recording all the information into zoho.com;
- Participate in discussions regarding the current marketing approach, propose and bring new ideas based on the market research;
- Deal with fashion business as and when required;
- Assisting with business management within the office.
- Driven professional with an appropriate educational background (eg Business / Marketing / International Trade etc..);
- Professional, creative and dynamic presence with the ability to communicate with people at all levels;
- Be a strong person with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Good time management skills, and an ability to prioritise multiple tasks;
- Willingness to commit and learn - ready to go the extra mile;
- Understand the concepts around Social Enterprise;
- Work well, both in a team and independently;
- Ability to display solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel mandatory);
- Strong interest in communities development;
- Project management or sales background;
- Languages: English mandatory;Xhosaand / or Afrikaans a plus;
- Driving licence.
Remuneration will be split between fixed salary and commission.The details can be provided at interview.
To apply, submit a full and detailed CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Township Patterns, refer to www.township.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse