Township Patters is a unique social enterprise in the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and events) producing eco-friendly handmade bags. The range is made by fair trade women’s cooperatives in the townships in and around Cape Town. Each item sold brings economic improvement and opportunity for sustainable development to the women and their communities. Township Patters is a member if the World Fair Trade Organisation promoting good working conditions, payment of a fair price but also respect for the environment
Township Patterns seeks to appoint a Sales and Business Intern, based in Cape Town.
This position is ideally suited to an energetic outgoing individual who enjoys working closely with key client contacts, and ensuring that client satisfaction is maintained through delivery of high quality merchandise in a time specific framework.
- Communicate and engage with current clients;
- Assist in identifying new clients and entering into negotiations with them, under supervision;
- Support sales team in agreeing terms with clients and ensuring these are delivered;
- Participate in client meetings;
- Present at, and attend monthly business meetings;
- Understand social and cultural background of women cooperatives;
- Understand township business model and the cooperative model;
- Assist with the day to day running of the office;
- Support commercial meetings and planning events;
- Deal with fashion business as and when required.
- Interest in communities development and the township business model;
- University degree (either graduate or in process);
- Languages: working language is English - other African languages a plus;
- Team worker and good communicator.
Remuneration and salary details can be provided at interview.
For more about the Township Patterns, refer to www.township.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.