Township Patterns is the commercial company associated with Township ASB, a leading Cape Town Enterprise Development nonprofit organisation (NPO). Township Patterns supports the NPO through creating commercial opportunities, managing clients and advising on business opportunities. The NPO itself has successfully established a sustainable network of seven worker-owned sewing cooperatives operating within previously disadvantaged communities across the Cape Flats. Its mission is to train, develop and create sustainable income for its cooperative members. Township Patterns is an accredited-member of the World Fair Trade Organisation.
Township Patterns seeks to appoint a Chief Operating Officer (COO), based in Cape Town.
The candidate will focus on creating a growth strategy, identify new markets, set-up a professional sales and marketing team, drive the organisation and coordinate projects with a variety of stakeholders.
Main challenge over the next couple of years is to develop the three distinct yet linked markets for Township Patterns growing range of bags:
- Retail market (shopping bags);
- B2B - conference, corporate, associations (branded delegates bags);
- Resellers, online (fashion bags and accessories).
- Minimum of five years experience in a relevant management role;
- Proven track record of executing and delivering reasonably complex projects involving more than one stakeholder;
- Entrepreneurial flair with proven business skills and an aptitude for marketing and brand development;
- Skills in marketing - an ability to develop and manage commercial strategies;
- Skills in leadership and strategic thinking;
- Interest in Fair Trade and new social enterprise business models;
- Record of competence, flexibility, organisational ability and the talent required to meet the demands of such a position in a culturally diverse environment;
- Ability to motivate and encourage staff, take wise team decisions and deal with competing demands, various priorities, time constraints and unexpected external eventsl;
- Communication skills at all levels;
- Interpersonal, presentational and in written English;
- Keen eye for accuracy and detail;
- Open demeanour, friendly approach with a passion for sustainability;
- Degree-level education;
- Driver's licence.
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package will be offered, the details of which will be discussed at the interview.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to Lorraine Schaefer: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Township Patterns, refer to www.township.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.