Township Patters is a unique social enterprise in the meetings, incentives, conferences and events (MICE) producing eco-friendly handmade bags. The range is made by fair trade women’s cooperatives in the townships in and around Cape Town. Each item sold brings economic improvement and opportunity for sustainable development to the women and their communities.Township Patters is a member if the World Fair Trade Organisation promoting good working conditions, payment of a fair price but also respect for the environment.
Township Patters seeks to appoint a Business Solutions and Sales Intern, based in Cape Town.
This is a great opportunity, ideally suited to an energetic and outgoing individual who enjoys working with key clients and ensuring that client satisfaction is maintained though delivery of high quality merchandise in a time specific framework.
- Communicate and engage with current clients;
- Assist in identifying new clients, and, under supervision, entering negotiations with them;
- Support the sames team in agreeing terms with clients, and ensuring that these are delivered;
- Participate in client meetings;
- Attend, and present at, monthly business meetings;
- Understand the social and cultural background of the women's co-operatives;
- Assist with the day to dat eunning of the office;
- Support commercial meetings and planning events;
- Deal with fashion business as and when required.
- Interest in community development, social enterprise and the Township business model;
- University degree (either graduate or currently studying);
- Languages; the working language is English, other African languages a plus;
- Team worker and god communicator.
Salary: Remuneration and other benefits can be discussed at interview.
To apply, submit a CV to Lorraine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Township Patterns, refer to www.township.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.