Thope Foundation is a registered nonprofit organisation established in 2013 that offers educational support to young girls in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) tutoring, lifeskills and leadership development. Thope Foundation’s vision is to drive change in transforming the lives of young girls through education.
Thope Foundation seeks to appoint a Club House Coordinator, based in Site B Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The Coordinator will manage relationships with the Thope Foundation team, relationship with the school and stakeholders as well as oversee the administration of the Club House and its activities.
The ideal candidate will facilitate the achievement of the following goals:
- To ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information;
- To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information;
- To instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information;
- To collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to design and implement lessons and units of instruction, and assess student learning and instructional effectiveness; and
- To provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the School Library Program (SLP) is aligned with the mission, goals, and objectives of the school and the school district, and is an integral component of the learning/instructional program.
- Manage the planning, administrative and budgetary functions the clubhouse;
- Establish and implement library and information policies and procedures;
- Establish a cataloguing and indexing system that is easy to use and update;
- Develop and manage convenient, accessible library and information services;
- Collecting books and maintaining an efficient loan/return system;
- Establish and manage the budget for library and information services;
- Order materials and maintain records for payment of invoices;
- Analyse and evaluate library and information services;
- Manage and maintain all things related to the clubhouse (keeping the clubhouse organised and tidy);
- Organise and coordinate reading and writing workshops;
- Provide oversight for the Foundation Phase programs hosted in the Club House; and
- Ensure the safe storage and maintenance of all resources housed in the Club House.
- Matric certificate essential;
- Minimum of one year experience working in similar environment;
- English and isiXhosa both written and spoken are a must;
- Excellent communicator;
- Organised and love administration;
- Female under 25 years;
- Computer literacy essential (must have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, internet research);
- Willingness to learn;
- Characteristics: sound work ethic, responsible, adaptable, energetic, keen interest in children, caring attitude, motivated, positive attitude, team player, enthusiastic about education, transformation and change.
To apply, submit a CV with three contactable employment references and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about Thope Foundation, refer to www.thopefoundation.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.