Thomson Reuters Foundation
The Thomson Reuters Foundation, the charitable arm of the world’s leading provider of news and information, is committed to empowering people around the world with trusted information and free legal assistance.
TrustLaw Connect is the Thomson Reuters Foundation's global pro bono service that connects NGOs and social enterprises with the best law firms around the world. Launched in 2010, TrustLaw Connect has grown to include over 1 500 members in 145 countries. Our mission is to spread the practice of pro bono worldwide to drive social change.
TrustLaw Connect is designed to make it easier for organisations with limited means to access free legal assistance and simpler for lawyers to engage in high impact pro bono work. We assist our members with a range of projects: from simple everyday legal matters such as employment advice or corporate governance through to large cross-border research projects that are used to support our members’ advocacy and law reform efforts. In 2014 we will be launching our inaugural TrustLaw Index of Pro Bono, which will measure how much pro bono work is being done by law firms around the world.
The Foundation seeks to recruit an Intern for its TrustLaw Connect service, based in Johannesburg.
The person will report to our Head of Legal and working as part of a motivated and dynamic team.
This is a six-month internship.
- Manage the process of requesting data from law firms around the world for the TrustLaw Index;
- Collate and input the data received to populate the TrustLaw Index;
- Maintain our Salesforce database and update information held about TrustLaw Connect members;
- Assist with outreach to law firms and pro bono clients to help place projects;
- Assist in organizing TrustLaw Connect events;
- Managing regular communications with our global network of members; and
- Provide support in quality controls and performance metrics.
- Highly motivated self-starter, educated to degree level, with excellent organisational skills and an ability to work independently and contribute ideas to the team;
- Someone with or wanting to gain experience in the development world, with a personal interest in legal, social, humanitarian and/or environmental issues;
- An excellent communicator with first-class written communication skills. Fluent English is essential and additional languages are desirable;
- Legal knowledge or an interest in the legal industry would also be an advantage.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter describing how you meet the specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Foundation Intern position’ in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about TrustLaw Connect, refer to http://www.trust.org/services/trustlaw-connect/
For more about the Thomson Reuters Foundation, refer to http://thomsonreuters.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.