Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children
The Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children (TTBC) is a nonprofit organisation dedicated to ensuring abused children are protected and rehabilitated. The organisation provides therapy, counselling, assistance, love, comfort, safety and on-going support to children who have been abused.
TTBC seeks to appoint a Fund Developer, based in Parktown, Johannesburg.
The person will join TTBC’s team and take on the role of fundraising.
- Take initiative to build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors;
- Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals. Establish an on-going fundraising program to support the work of TTBC into the future;
- Develop an annual fundraising plan and budget. Develop revenue and expense reports for all fundraiser events after the event is completed;
- Tasks the full responsibility to lead in initiating, planning, and implementing all necessary activities, in a timely manner, to ensure that program goals and objectives are accomplished;
- Represent TTBC in community meetings, outreach events, radio/TV shows, and other community settings;
- Monitor programme, tracks and documents of all necessary activities, and completes all reporting requirements;
- Submits documents and reports in a timely manner to meet stated deadlines;
- Prepare grants/projects proposals and progress reports as required by program contract and agreements;
- Search and research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources;
- Make initial contacts, and follow-through of securing available funding along with the coordination of all optional funding opportunities;
- Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors;
- Grow and manage the donor database;
- Manage the donor liaison person.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma/certification;
- Sound contactable references and examples of work done in the NPO field;
- Minimum of five years proven experience in fund development;
- Demonstrated excellence in organisational, managerial, and communication skills;
- Valid current driver’s licence;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Open, friendly and approachable;
- High integrity and confidentiality;
- Excellent people and project management skills;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Self-motivated, uses initiative and able to work without supervision;
- Organised and meticulous.
Salary: A salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children, refer to http://ttbc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.