Symphonia for South Africa (SSA)
Symphonia for South Africa (SSA) is a NPO working in the Education and Leadership Development sector, with a bold vision: Quality Education for all children in South Africa by 2022. SSA's people are key to the organisations success. The organisation works with the best and the brightest people who have something to give and who really care about delivering excellent work. In return SSA offers a relaxed, fun environment that allows employees the opportunity to improve their skills.
Symphonia for South Africa seeks to appoint a Marketing Assistant/Marketing Intern, based in Durbanville, Cape Town.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an organised and diligent person who enjoys administrative tasks, working with lots of content and who also has a comfortable way with people. It involves assisting with multiple marketing functions including events management, digital and print content management, document upkeep, written material upkeep, brand identity, etc. The person will be highly organised, a fast but methodical worker and have a high attention to detail.
This is a full- time, fixed contract position. The person should have his/her own car to get to offices.
Remuneration: R8 000 per month.
Responsibilities (among other things):
- Website content management;
- Video and clip editing;
- Written material editing and compilation;
- Liaison with graphic designer;
- Writing stories and occasional briefs;
- Keeping track of documents, filing and managing material;
- Managing of corporate identity and organisational image;
- Liaison with many stakeholders to obtain content;
- Copywriting, speech writing, online marketing and advertising;
- Digital newsletters.
- Ability to work with a lot of content and read through it carefully;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Persuasive and able to get things done by working with others;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in marketing
- Graphic design skills would be advantageous;
- Ability to work independently;
- Computer literacy essential;
- PDF Creation and HTML a definite advantage;
- Experience working with the Joomla website content management system would be advantageous.
Important: It takes time and energy to review CVs. As much as we would love to offer everyone an opportunity to work with us because we do such great work, unfortunately we can only consider people who are an excellent fit for the role. Please, only send Symphonia for South Africa your CV if you genuinely meet the requirements for this role.
If you have not heard back from Symphonia for South Africa after two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Symphonia for South Africa, refer to www.symphonia.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.