Symphonia for South Africa
Symphonia is a nonprofit organisational change practice that works with leaders to engage their stakeholders so that talent, human energy and creativity is maximised. Our mission is to ignite a sense of possibility everywhere we work.
Symphonia for South Africa seeks to appoint an Accountant/Financial Controller with a heart from social development. This position is based in Cape Town.
This is a unique opportunity to make a real contribution to education in South Africa. Partner for Possibility, one of the initiatives, is a ground breaking project that is already impacting 40 000 children after only two years. Symphonia is currently working with 90 principles in a leadership development program. The potential of this position is to be a part of taking this work to the next level and making a difference for 2000 schools in the next 10 years.
This person needs to be experienced at running the systems and processes required to ensure that all the financial administration is accurate and up to date. Fundamental to the role is a keen sense of financial control. The position involves end-to-end responsibility from transactional capturing through bank reconciliation and eventually weekly management accounts. The role will work closely with a part-time CFO to develop streamlined systems to optimise the data and information flow from transaction to dashboard-style reporting. The businesses rely heavily on a profit-centre style accounting so that reporting must drill-down to that level. An attention to detail approach is important and the ability to work in a dynamic and exciting environment as a large portion involves a virtual national environment.
- Cash flow management – annual and weekly;
- Depth knowledge of Pastell and Excel is crucial;
- Accurate data capturing of all financial information;
- Weekly dashboard-style managements account for operational management;
- Monthly management accounts for the Board;
- Prepare audit processes annually and liaise with auditors;
- Oversee payroll and PAYE coordination;
- Attend to all statuary administration with regard to SARS and other legal requirements;
- Manage debtors and creditors;
- Create budgets for managing and decision making.
- Relevant tertiary education qualification, finance related with financial experience;
- Sound financial insight as to correct allocations of particular transactions is a non-negotiable requirements as is a strong attention to detail foundation;
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a virtual environment;
- High EQ and is able to deal with ambiguity and complexity;
- Ability to stay calm when things get busy and to hold clear boundaries;
- Capable using computers and technologies that enable virtual working;
- Have a “can do” attitude and believes that things are possible and can be worked out;
- Good track record of volunteering.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Louis@louisvanniekerk.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Candidates who do not hear back from Symphonia for South Africa should consider their application unsuccessful.
For more about Symphonia for South Africa, refer to www.symphonia.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.