Symphonia for South Africa
Symphonia is a nonprofit organisational change practice that works with leaders to engage their stakeholders so that talent, human energy and creativity is maximised. Our mission is to ignite a sense of possibility everywhere we work.
Symphonia for South Africa seeks to appoint a Finance Manager, based in Cape Town.
The person will provide support to the organisation’s management in terms of strategic and analytical financial management, and overall management of the day to day finance function for both the non-profit, as well as the for-profit company.
Reporting to the Executive and the Board, the candidate will set the financial strategy through planning and active leadership within the financial arena, and provide proactive financial support to the Programme Managers, so that the organisation can develop further into the future, following a social enterprise model.
This role is responsible for handling the external and internal audits, as well as all donor and management financial reporting, and contributes toward grant proposals and for the full accounting function including budgeting, payroll, compliance and governance matters. Control of all financial procedures and systems, and previous supervision of bookkeeping staff is essential, as is the requirement of a C.A. or similar qualification. It is also a very strong preference that you will have gained experience within a complex nonprofit environment.
This role is seen as critical to the success of the Symphonia group of companies and the incumbent will therefore be expected to play an active role as a member of the Symphonia team.
- Cash flow management – annual and weekly;
- Office administration pertaining to financial affairs;
- Accurate data capturing of all financial information;
- Basic accounting processing up to trial balance;
- Weekly dashboard-style management account for operational management;
- Monthly management accounts for the Board;
- Prepare audit processes annually and liaise with auditors
- Oversee payroll and PAYE coordination
- Attend to all statuary administration with regards to SARS and other legal requirements;
- Manage debtors and creditors;
- Create budgets for managing and decision making;
- Any ad-hoc related activities or tasks as requested by Management.
- University degree with accounting as a major as well as a number of years of experience in management level and board reporting;
- Experience in implementing and checking internal controls;
- Communication at various levels will be key;
- Strong English writing skills, with an ability to translate what the numbers are saying;
- Experience in a nonprofit organisations is helpful, but not essential;
- Passion for the sector and an enjoyment gained in working with people from all backgrounds;
- Working hours are negotiable. A salary commensurate with experience will be offered, the current funding for this position does not allow for the payment of company benefits.
Due to funding constraints, flexible hours or part-time employment may be considered.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum three pages) and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about Symphonia for South Africa, refer to www.symphonia.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.