Stop Hunger Now SA
Stop Hunger Now SA is a nonprofit organisation that strives to end hunger in South Africa through the implementation of a results oriented nutrition programme by connecting the resourced community with nutritionally vulnerable individuals, and to respond to disaster situations in which basic food security is threatened. The organisation’s strategic objectives are to achieve continual growth in the number of meals provided per day for national distribution through inclusive strategic partnerships between government, corporations, foundations, civic and ecumenical communities, non-profit organisations and private individuals.
Stop Hunger Now SA seeks to appoint a dynamic, adaptable Administration/Operations Officer, based at its operations in Germiston, Gauteng.
As Administration and Operations Officer, the successful candidate will assist the Chief Executive Officer in maintaining the efficient functioning of the Head Office and Johannesburg branch through the overseeing and developing of the administration and operational functions, including procurement, distribution, accounting, supervision of staff and other duties as detailed below.
Starting date: 01 January 2014.
- Managing the day to day activities of staff members;
- Assisting the CEO with strategic development planning;
- Managing external relationships with suppliers and service providers;
- Overseeing meal distribution corporate partners and meal distribution Coordinators;
- Preparing and publishing monthly reports eg. financial, meal distribution, minutes of board meetings;
- Preparing funding proposals to potential sponsors;
- Promoting the organisation, including presentations to potential sponsors;
- Coordinating of public events;
- Streamlining the policies and procedures of the organisation’s management system.
- Working knowledge of the operations of NGOs in the food security sector;
- Relevant fundraising experience;
- Tertiary level qualification or equivalent;
- Management and leadership experience in the development of staff and programmes.
- Sound oral and written communication skills;
- We further envisage that the applicant is motivated by a passion for eradicating hunger and would be driven by this desire;
- The applicant must be medically fit and be able to assist in carrying boxes of packed meals and ingredients;
- Valid driver’s licence (manual) is essential.
Stop Hunger Now SA offers a salary commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate, and provident fund.
To apply, submit a CV and three contactable references to Barry Mey at email@example.com or fax to: 086 618 6320.
For about Stop Hunger Now SA, refer to www.stophungernowsa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.