Steve Biko Centre Management Agency
Established in 1998, the Steve Biko Foundation is a community development organisation inspired by the legacy of the late anti-apartheid activist.
The Foundation seeks a Restaurant and Catering Manager, based at its Centre in Ginsberg, King William’s Town, Eastern Cape.
The primary function of this position is to oversee and run the day to day operations of the restaurant, bar, kitchens, concessions and catering.
- Working collaboratively with relevant stakeholders, conceptualise and establish the Restaurant and Catering Department, including generation of the strategic plan, all necessary policies, operational procedures and operating systems;
- Manage the operations of the restaurant, bar and kitchens, that will prepare and serve meals and beverages to on and offsite customers and conference guests;
- Supervise the inventory and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies and arrange for the routine maintenance and upkeep of the restaurant's equipment and facilities;
- Manage the day to day operations of the unit including preparation of budgets, financial and administrative matters and human resources;
- Coordinate activities among various departments, such as the kitchen, dining room, and banquet operations, in order to ensure that all customers are satisfied with their dining experience;
- Oversee the activities of the Cleaning team not only within the restaurant, conferencing and catering areas, but of the Centre as a whole;
- Work collaboratively with other units within the Foundation on marketing and other initiatives to ensure sustainability of the operation.
- Postsecondary degree or senior diploma in restaurant and hospitality management or institutional food service management with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience in a senior position;
- Reliable self-motivated individual with the ability to lead innovation, to motivate employees and to contribute to impact;
- Have leadership qualities with good problem-solving skills and the ability to focus on detail
- Neat and clean in appearance, with good health and stamina, self-confidence and be able to respectfully deal with multiple audiences;
- Good communicator in multiple languages to a wide variety of audiences;
- Calm, flexible, and able to work through stressful situations;
- Computer literate with excellent organisational skills.
To apply, submit a detailed CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 647 6873 indicating the post for which you are applying. Applications should be received before close of business on Wednesday 3 September 2014.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.