St Josephs Home for Chronically Ill Children
St Joseph’s Home for Chronically Ill Children is a private, but state funded home that provides convalescent care and medical services for up to 145 children who suffer from chronic and debilitating illnesses. To this end St Joseph’s Home has four dedicated wards plus our Sunflower HIV ward.
St Joseph’s Home seeks to appoint a Speech Therapist in its the Rehab Therapy team, based in Cape Town.
This position will be a full day contract position until September 2016. The main purpose of the job is assess the needs and provide treatment to children with speech and (language) difficulties within the St Joseph’s home rehab project.
The incumbent will form part of a multidisciplinary team, working closely with the Occupational and Physio therapists to provide holistic care.
- Assessment of children’s therapeutic needs to ensure that all new admissions have a treatment plan; Conduct Individual therapy;
- Ensure accurate administration and records are maintained;
- Manage and Supervise students;
- Enhance the speech therapy function within the home.
- BSC degree (speech therapy);
- Registered with the HPCSA;
- Experience dealing with children with feeding difficulties due to neurological impairment would be an advantage;
- Experience in Alternative Augmentative Communication would be preferential;
- Proficient in at least two of the four official languages in the Western Cape;
- Computer literacy;
- Team Player;
- High energy;
- High sense of responsibility and accountability;
- Organiser and mobiliser;
- Ability to relate to children;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to HR@stjosephshome.org.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about St Joseph’s Home for Chronically Ill Children, refer to www.stjosephshome.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.