SouthSouthNorth (SSN) is a nonprofit organisation that supports the transition towards climate compatible economies and societies in developing countries. SSN facilitates this through collaborative and stakeholder-driven country processes as well as local-level action that address climate change and promote equitable access to sustainable development. SSN is currently involved in projects within Africa and Latin America.
SSN is seeks to appoint a Communications Officer, based in Cape Town.
The person will support its communications and knowledge management activities. S/he will work on two of SSN’s core programmes – Mitigation Action Plans and Scenarios (MAPS, www.mapsprogramme.org) and the Africa programme of the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN, www.cdkn.org) – and provide general communications support to SSN. The job role will involve writing, editing, web content management and dissemination, public affairs, social media work and event organising.
- Writing, editorial and branding;
- Web content management;
- Social media management;
- Content dissemination, public affairs and outreach strategy;
- Scoping and organising events;
- Compiling and maintaining press and contact lists and other communications database;
- Investigating and monitoring uptake of knowledge management products and projects.
- Degree in English, communications, journalism, social science (including international development, political science or economics) or natural science (including biology, environmental science or geography);
- Complete fluency in English;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong grounding in climate change and development issues;
- Demonstrated practical marketing, communications, journalism or campaigning experience.
Will be desirable
- Coursework or professional experience in climate change, environment and/or international development;
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish;
- Photography and film skills including editing;
- Experience in managing web content.
For full job description, Click here.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and at least two writing samples to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within four weeks of the closing date. Should you not hear from us within this time, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about SouthSouthNorth, refer to www.southsouthnorth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.