Southern Cape Land Committee
The Southern Cape Land Committee (SCLC) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) supporting people’s struggles towards agrarian transformation. SCLC believes that transformation is only possible through people’s movements and campaigns. To this end SCLC works with farm workers and dwellers, small-scale farmers, agro-ecological food producers and rural settlements. SCLC prioritises its work with rural women. SCLC’s geographic areas of focus are the Central Karoo and Eden District Municipalities of the Western Cape and the Chris Hani and Cacadu District Municipalities of the Eastern Cape. SCLC’s administrative centre is in George with satellite offices in Beaufort West and Graaff Reinet.
SCLC seeks to appoint a Executive Director, based in George.
- Develop and operationalise the vision, mission and strategic direction of SCLC;
- Overall management of the organisation;
- Guide the political orientation of the organisation;
- Financial management including fundraising, budgeting and fulfilling the requirements of donor contracts including compilation and distribution of organisational reports;
- Identify and manage SCLC’s relationship with strategic partnerships and networks;
- Keeping abreast of relevant policies and statutory plans and budgets.
- Minimum of five years senior leadership and management experience in a similar environment;
- Understanding of socio-political context and the impact on agrarian transformation and the rural poor;
- Ability to work in a team and respect the values of the organisation;
- Fundraising experience and financial acumen;
- Report writing skills and ability to adhere to timeframes;
- Understand networks and collaborations;
- Clear thinking to devise a plan, prioritise actions and execute within timeframes and budgets;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Computer literacy;
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to travel nationally and globally;
- Verbal and written communication skills with good interpersonal skills at all levels;
- English: Excellent writing skills, Afrikaans: Speak, read and write, Ability to communicate in isiXhosa will be an advantage.
Salary: A salary commensurate with NGO standards, qualifications and experience will be offered.
To apply submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a motivational letter to: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Appointment to be made by 1 July 2014.
For more about the Southern Cape Land Committee, refer to www.sclc.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.