South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH)
The South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH) is an NGO that aims to coordinate, monitor and promote services for persons with intellectual disability, psychosocial disability, as well as to promote mental health and wellbeing for all South Africans.
The SAFMH seeks to appoint a Programme Manager (Research & Development), based in Ferndale, Gauteng.
The successful incumbent will provide direction, expertise, and leadership in the successful management of SAFMH’s research projects, scoping exercises and feasibility studies and related programme/project development whilst providing high-level programmatic and administrative support to the Deputy and National Executive Directors.
- Design, implement and manage literature surveys, needs assessments, scoping exercises, feasibility studies and research projects in order to establish a sound base for future programme / project development at a national level;
- Collect, analyse and interpret data from research projects;
- Compile and present reports to inform the work of SAFMH and other stakeholders in the metal health and disability sectors, including recommendations and action plans for the development of new initiatives;
- Conceptualise, plan, develop and present annual business plans for research, scoping exercises and feasibility studies;
- Liaise and network with relevant Government, Non-Government and Corporate partners around research agendas and programmes/projects relevant to mental health and disability in order to develop partnerships and increase the reach SAFMH’s work;
- The position requires a highly analytical, strategic thinker;
- Relevant degree such as BA degree in Psychology;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in research and development (preferably in the NGO or health sectors in SA);
- Experience in research programme design and implementation;
- Experience in data analysis and reporting;
- Experience in researching content and conceptualising national mental health programmes;
- Excellent project management skills are essential;
- High level of literacy and excellent written and admin skills are essential;
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experience in strategy development at a national level;
- Experience and knowledge of the Mental Health and NGO Sectors in South Africa;
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously;
- Highly organised, enthusiastic and results driven;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 011 326 0625, marked confidential to the Deputy Director, Private Bag X 3053, Randburg, 2125.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Closing date for applications: 16h00 on 23 January 2015.
If you do not receive a response to your application within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Salary packages will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
For more about the SA Federation for Mental Health, refer to www.safmh.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.