South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH)
The South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that aims to coordinate, monitor and promote services for persons with intellectual disability, psychosocial disability, as well as to promote mental health and wellbeing for all South Africans.
The SAFMH seeks to appoint a Mental Health Support Administrator, based in Ferndale, Gauteng.
This is a half-day position, mornings only.
The successful incumbent will take responsibility for the support desk function at SAFMH and receive, capture, respond to, analyse and report on all mental health-related enquiries, thus informing the work of SAFMH. At the same time the person will also be providing high-level administrative support to the Deputy and National Executive Directors, thus assisting them with ensuring that all programmes run by the National Office are done to a high quality, and providing them with the necessary support to ensure that they are able to function at the levels appropriate to the National Office of SAFMH.
- Receive and capture all mental health-related enquiries;
- Maintain and update mental health enquiries database;
- Respond to all mental health-related enquiries, using a wide range of methods;
- Provide high-quality, accurate mental health information in response to enquiries;
- Identify resources and facilitating referrals to mental health services;
- Analyse enquiries database, producing statistical reports and identifying key trends;
- Formulate recommendations, based on enquiries analysis;
- Report on enquiries analysis;
- Liaise with mental health service providers;
- Development of seamless referral pathways between SAFMH and mental health service providers;
- Maintain helpdesk function, including development and updates to a referrals database;
- Facilitate website and social media updates in response to enquires.
- The position requires a highly organised, systematic and structured individual;
- Relevant degree such as BA degree in Psychology or Social Work;
- Experience and in-depth working knowledge of the mental health and NGO Sectors in South Africa, along with state-owned mental health resources;
- In-depth knowledge of disability, mental health and human rights legislation and related procedures for referrals and reporting;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Experience in dealing with enquiries from a wide range of sources (including members of the public, the press, mental health professionals, Government officials, academia and researchers);
- High level of literacy;
- Excellent written, communication and admin skills;
- Excellent email and telephone etiquette;
- The ability to analyse information and draw statistical inferences;
- Report writing;
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders, using a range of methods;
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously;
- Valid driver’s license.
Salary packages will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and contactable referees to email@example.com or fax to 011 326 0625, marked confidential to The Deputy Director, Private Bag X 3053, Randburg, 2125.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you do not receive a response to your application within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the SA Federation for Mental Health, refer to www.safmh.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.