South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH)
The South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH) is an NGO that aims to coordinate, monitor and promote services for persons with intellectual disability, psychosocial disability, as well as to promote mental health and wellbeing for all South Africans.
SAFMH seeks to appoint an Administration Officer, based in Ferndale/Randburg, Gauteng.
The successful candidate will provide administrative and operational support to the Business Development Office and the National Office of SAFMH.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ongoing communication with regular, new and potential supporters;
- Administering the organisation’s database on Microsoft CRM;
- Monitoring and capturing of incoming donations;
- Issuing letters of acknowledgement to donors;
- Assisting with the administrative processes of fundraising projects;
- Assisting with the administrative and logistic arrangements for office functions
- Managing the bookings for the organisation’s conference facility;
- Managing the preparations for any conference centre bookings;
- Assisting with administrative tasks and errands as requested.
- Matric and a tertiary qualification from a college or university in administration;
- Minimum of three years work experience in office administration. Additional experience in data capturing would be an advantage;
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of other South African languages would be an advantage;
- Advanced computer literacy with regards to Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Microsoft CRM would be an advantage;
- High attention to detail;
- Good people’s skills and the willingness to work in a team;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary packages will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and contactable referees to email@example.com or fax to: 011 326 0625, marked confidential to the Business Development Officer, Private Bag X3053, Randburg 2125.
If you do not receive a response to your application within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the SA Federation for Mental Health, refer to www.safmh.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.