SOS Children’s Villages South Africa
SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, an affiliate member of SOS-Kinderdorf International, is a dynamic social development organisation. It takes action for orphaned and vulnerable children by building and strengthening families for them to live in and grow with love, respect and security.
SOS Children’s Villages South Africa seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based at SOS Ennerdale Village, Johannesburg.
- Ensure child admission and departure procedures and policies are followed;
- Work with SOS Mothers to assess the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual needs of each child;
- Develop appropriate action plans in conjunction with the child care practitioners and other professional staff that meet the needs of the child;
- Develop relationships with relevant stakeholders in matters concerning the children;
- Provide counselling and life space interventions for children and occasionally child care practitioners;
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the other members of the Programme team in matters relating to the children and other programme participants.
- Degree in social work with at least two years experience in statutory/family work;
- Valid driver’s licence (essential);
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as a social worker;
- Fluency in English and ability to converse comfortably in Local African Languages.
- Sound knowledge base and demonstrable skills in therapeutic work and interventions, including expressive therapies and life space interventions;
- Good communication, report writing and administration skills;
- Sound knowledge of child protection laws and policies;
- Solid computer literacy and experience with internet, e-mail and Microsoft Office;
- Willingness to work irregular hours (flexi-time) and be on standby after hours.
To apply, submit a detailed CV and motivation letter along with two traceable references to Vincent.Hlabangana@sos.org.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.