SOS Children's Villages South Africa
SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focusing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. The organisation's mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
SOS Children’s Villages seeks to appoint a Programme Director, based in Port Elizabeth.
- The professional implementation of the Project Management Cycle in the location therefore ensuring that the CVPP is relevant to the local situation and contributes to the development of a sustainable social system for the target group;
- Manage and support the development of programmes within and around the Facility;
- Ensure the development of effective financial and administration systems within the Village;
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to all Facility staff;
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation to facilitate continued improvement of Programmes;
- Develop and establish programmes in line with agreed plans and objectives;
- Develop and implement effective financial and administrative procedures to strengthen accountability within the facility;
- Represent the organisation and FSPs all relevant and external forums;
- Upholding the legislative requirements of the childcare industry as they are guided from time to time;
- Ensure good compliance of the association`s policies and procedures as well as the international standards governing the association;
- Ensure the Development of effective administration systems;
- Create and develop a committed and effective staff team;
- Plan, coordinate, review and report on the development of the facility;
- Ensure appropriate and effective usage of the association`s resources;
- Ensure good relations with the local Government Structures and the Community;
- Ensure the necessary support for SOS Mothers and children towards the development of each Child;
- Understand the organisation and its strategic objectives.
- A Higher Degree in social sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration, economics or Social law. A qualification in Child Care will be an advantage;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a related field;
- Minimum of three years of management experience in social welfare field, preferably in the sector of child and youth welfare;
- Good knowledge of children’s rights and rights-based approaches in development programmes as well as awareness and understanding of social development issues such as education, health, HIV/Aids and gender equality;
- Excellent command of the English Language and good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of Programme management, monitoring and evaluation;
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the programme area;
- Knowledge of the SOS Model will be an added advantage;
- Higher Degree in social sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration, economics or Social law;
- Qualification in Child Care will be an advantage;
- Willingness to travel frequently and a valid driver’s licence are a must.
This is a non-residential area and the successful incumbent must be a highly motivated and organised individual, able to work independently, use initiative and keep commitments.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to The Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 011 234 4844
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
A detailed job description is available on request.
Only successful applicants will be contacted
For more about SOS Childrens Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.