SOS Children's Villages South Africa
SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focusing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. The organisation's mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
SOS Children’s Villages seeks to appoint a Child and Youth Development Coordinator (CYDC), based in the Pietermaritzburg Village, Pietermaritzburg.
The CYDC will provide guidance and leadership to a team of Mothers and Aunts, Social worker(s), Youth Leader(s) etc.
- Work in cooperation with the Child and Youth Development (CYD) Team - (SOS Child and youth care givers, Social Workers, Educator etc.) to plan and support each individual child and youth’s development programme (CDP and YDP) which should be reviewed continuously;
- Champion and lead the way in terms of ensuring the rights of the children and ensure that child protection policies are always implemented;
- Promote and support family relationships by conducting regular family house visits, providing advice, guidance and support to both the children and the SOS Mothers;
- Ensure that relationships with the Social Welfare Department are excellent and that all submissions requirements to the department are complied with at all times, and that subsidies are correctly received and reconciled;
- Lead the CYD department planning and budgeting process;
- Strong leader of family-based care on the facility management team;
- Coordinate the compilation of progress reports on the children and youth for submission to the IS department;
- Ensure timeous submission of child registration and departure notices to the IS department;
- Participate in the recruitment of and oversee performance management of the CYD Team;
- Participate in SOS Brand development activities to motivate community support of the organisation.
- Humanities Degree or similar qualification with at least three years hands on supervisory experience;
- Social work background;
- Excellent Communicator, with strong conflict management, counselling and report writing skills;
- Sound knowledge of Child Protection laws and policies;
- Familiar with UNCRC and child care acts and other relevant national child care legislation and application of child rights-based approach;
- Highly motivated and organised individual, able to work independently, use initiative and keep commitments;
- Willingness to travel frequently and a valid driver’s licence are a must;
- Must be prepared to reside in the village.
A detailed job description is available on request.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com or fax to 011 234 4844.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only successful applicants will be contacted
For more about SOS Childrens Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.