SOS Children's Village South Africa
SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focussing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. Our mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
SOS Children’s Villages seeks to attract membership for its Board of Directors.
The Board will support the work of SOS Children`s Villages and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance.
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the National Association as s/he contributes towards directing the organization`s strategic plan;
- Ensuring Good governance and contribution to self-sustainability;
- Providing guidance and leadership in one or more of the following areas of expertise;
- Child/Youth Development / Care;
- Advocacy and Government Relations;
- HR, Labour Relations and Organisational Development;
- Play part in ensuring that the restructuring and re-alignment of Programmes, structures and systems within the National Association maintains a balance
- Involvement in the approval of the Association’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal responsibilities;
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the National Director;
- Assisting the National Director and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members when necessary;
- Partnering with the National Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out;
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments;
- Representing SOS Children`s villages SA to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
Board meetings / participations
Board meetings will be held quarterly
- Passionate about SOS Children`s villages mission and who has a track record of board membership;
- Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, humanity, or the nonprofit sector;
- His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract association partnerships with various parties of interest to the benefit of the organisation;
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, humanity, or the nonprofit sector;
- Commitment to and understanding of SOS Children`s villages` beneficiaries, preferably based on experience;
- Understand diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of SOS Children`s Villages` beneficiaries.
Service on SOS Children`s Villages Board of Directors has no remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
To apply, submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (011) 234 4844.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about SOS Childrens Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.