Sonke Gender Justice Network
With a full-time staff of 90 people working from offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Agincourt, Sonke works globally, and especially across Africa, to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. In this way the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies.
Sonke Gender Justice seeks to appoint a Intern for its Operations unit based in Cape Town.
The Administration/Accounting intern will provide the Operations unit with administrative and basic accounting support and will gain exposure in a supervised environment.
During the internship, the successful candidate will be placed in Sonke’s Cape Town office and will work with all aspects of Operations. The Intern will work closely with the Operations Director, who is the line manager and mentor during this internship.
Applications are invited from students with a B.com Degree in 2013/2014 and would like to gain work experience.
- Assist the Operations unit with administration duties;
- Assist finance team with daily financial functions;
- Develop and maintain a filing system, to meet the specific needs of the team;
- Assist with basic accounting duties.
- Bachelors Degree, Honours Degree preferred;
- Good analytical, communications and organisational skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Basic Accounting skills;
- Sound academic achievement in related coursework.
To apply, submit a CV, and a motivation letter (with contact details of two referees) detailing experience, to Sonke’s Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Sonke Gender Justice Network, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.