SHAWCO - Students' Health and Welfare Centres Organisation
SHAWCO, the Students' Health and Welfare Centres Organisation is a nonprofit organisation with the vision to improve the quality of life of previously disadvantaged individuals in developing communities within the Cape Town metropolitan. As an innovative student community service organisation our mission is to promote the involvement of students and other members of the University of Cape Town community in voluntary community service, experiential and community service learning opportunities and research that has a direct benefit to our partner communities, in order to educate students for life.
SHAWCO seeks to appoint a positive, energetic, committed and motivated individual as Fundraising, Marketing and PR Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Fundraising: Actively raise funds for our three sectors (education, health and social enterprise);
- Partnerships: Actively seek partnership opportunities for our three sectors;
- Chair the fundraising committee;
- Stakeholder relationship management;
- Coordination of marketing endeavours;
- Public/media relations management;
- Social media coordinator.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, public relations, communication or related disciplines;
- Valid code 08 driver’s licence;
- Minimum of five years working experience, two of those years preferably in a fundraising capacity, preferably within a similar environment;
- Good track record in proposal writing;
- Excellent communication skills - telephonic, verbal and writing;
- Solid negotiating skills;
- Good reporting skills;
- Research and market segmentation skills;
- Strong relationship ethics;
- Computer Skills essential: Advanced Microsoft Office, advanced database management, e-mail and Internet Explorer.
- Initiating action;
- Planning and organising
- Detail orientated team work;
- Client services orientated;
- Administrative knowledge and skills;
- Technical, professional and job knowledge;
- Building interpersonal relationships;
- Adaptability, stress tolerance, people management, goal setting and implementing;
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages), contact details of two referees and strong motivation letter to Debra Lodder at Debra.Lodder@uct.ac.za or fax to: 021 406 6741.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 406 6740.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and be required to undergo a competency assessment.
SHAWCO is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress.
For more about SHAWCO, refer to www.shawco.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.