SHAWCO - Students' Health and Welfare Centres Organisation
SHAWCO, the Students' Health and Welfare Centres Organisation is a nonprofit organisation with the vision to improve the quality of life of previously disadvantaged individuals in developing communities within the Cape Town metropolitan. As an innovative student community service organisation our mission is to promote the involvement of students and other members of the University of Cape Town (UCT) community in voluntary community service, experiential and community service learning opportunities and research that has a direct benefit to our partner communities, in order to educate students for life.
SHAWCO seeks to appoint a Director, based in Cape Town.
The main purpose of this position is to provide strategic direction and leadership in order to facilitate and create a sustainable, effective and efficiently managed organisation.
- Development of policy and strategy for consideration by the Board;
- Execution of approved policy and strategy;
- Facilitating and supporting the execution of student initiatives and projects;
- Managing SHAWCO’s operations and resources;
- Managing relationships and partnerships within the University and with the community;
- Fundraising and funder relationship management;
- Financial Management and reporting;
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on all the activities within SHAWCO.
- Minimum of five years senior management experience, preferably in a non-governmental organisation;
- Degree, preferably post graduate, in psychology, education or related disciplines OR extensive experience in community development, education and social development;
- Proven managerial skills which include verbal and written communication (electronic and traditional);
- People and finance management;
- Experience in working across multiple and diverse communities;
- Proven ability to formulate and manage policy processes in a complex, dynamic work environment;
- Experience in developing stakeholder relationships;
- Excellent computer skills.
Annual market related package, including pension: R600 000 - R680 000.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three independent references, motivation letter including your motivation which addresses the above criteria and a statement on your potential contribution as Director to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 406 6740.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
SHAWCO is committed to employment equity and redress.
SHAWCO reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary and reserves the right to make no appointment.
For more about SHAWCO, refer to www.shawco.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.