Save the Children UK SAP
Save the Children is an international child charity whose mission is saving children's lives and fighting for their rights.
Save the Children in South Africa provides practical and emotional support to vulnerable children in three of the country’s poorest provinces - Free State, Limpopo and Eastern Cape. In the last year, nearly 73 000 children have benefited from its food support, help with registration for child-support grants, healthcare and school uniforms.
The RMCH Programme is a collaboration between Futures Group, HST, Save the Children and SDD. Its main aim is to provide support to the NDOH to improve the quality of, and access to, reproductive, maternal and child health services for women and children living in poverty-affected, underserved parts of the country.
Save the Children seeks to appoint a mature, experienced individual to provide technical guidance and leadership as School Health and Nutrition Advisor - RMCH, based in Pretoria.
- Develop and inform strategic, operational & implementation plans;
- Provide technical support to field teams, stakeholders and other SC staff; including facilitation of learning events, development of technical materials, workshops, discussions etc.;
- Monitor trends, innovations and best practise in the School Health and Nutrition (SHN) field and incorporate where appropriate;
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation process design, implementation and analysis and development of recommendations to enhance programme quality;
- Develop community mobilisation strategies plans and activities;
- Assist in the development of concept notes & donor proposals, and produce narrative & financial (including donor) reports;
- Represent the organisation at meetings in the SHN field;
- Establish and deepen relationships with government stakeholders;
- Support integration of SHN components into other programmatic areas.
- Master’s in public health or similar;
- Minimum of five years experience in the health sector with an emphasis on school or child health;
- Experience in mobilising communities for health and/or social change and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural field environment with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Knowledge of education and OVC sectors is desirable.
Save the Children has a strict policy of child safeguarding, to which all staff are compelled to adhere.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter detailing your experience in each of the key accountabilities above to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
South African nationals or permanent residents will be preferred. Save the Children reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about Save the Children, refer to www.savethechildren.org.uk.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.