Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB)
The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) is a leading marine nonprofit organisation with a vision to conserve seabirds and other sea-life, especially threatened species such as the African penguin. As an organisation SANCCOB has experienced exceptional growth over the past five years in its core conservation activities of rehabilitation, oiled wildlife response, specialist veterinary service, research and education.
SANCCOB seeks to appoint an experienced and self-motivated Teacher for an Education Centre, based in Cape Town.
The main focus of the portfolio is to teach and develop lessons and courses for school groups either visiting our Centre or at an offsite venue.
The successful candidate should have the following attributes:
- Good teaching skills and a passion for working with children;
- Vision of adapting Environmental and Marine Education to fit the School curriculum in a fresh and innovative way;
- Ability to develop and manage budgets for the education programmes;
- Be comfortable in addressing school groups at all levels as well as teachers in training;
- Enthusiasm and knowledge about Environmental Education; Marine Biology and Ocean Science;
- Proven record of working well with people in a team;
- Experience in High or Primary School teaching with an appropriate qualification and a proven record of innovative teaching methodologies;
- Good organisational and report writing skills;
- Prepared to be involved with the husbandry and rehabilitation of seabirds;
- Comfortable working with disadvantaged communities;
- Valid, unendorsed, driver’s licence is essential;
- Ability to teach in Afrikaans and isiXhosa would be an advantage;
- Computer literacy with advanced Word and Excel skills.
To apply, submit a one-page CV and a one-page motivation letter highlighting your suitability for the position, to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 557 8804.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Note that applications longer than 2 pages will not be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews. SANCCOB reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about SANCCOB, refer to www.sanccob.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.