South African Institute for Distance Education (Saide)
The South African Institute for Distance Education (Saide), is a non-governmental organisation based in Johannesburg conducting projects throughout South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. Saide's task is to contribute to the development of new models of open and distance education practice, that accord with and take forward the values, principles, and goals of the evolving education systems in the Southern African region. It has also paid particular attention to the appropriate use of technology in education and most recently established a Kenya-based initiative, OER Africa, to promote the development and sharing of OER on the African continent.
Saide seeks to appoint a Programme Specialist for its Learning Technologies.
The successful cnadidate should be passionate and knowledgeable about teaching and learning technologies and committed to achieving equity in education. The Specialist will contribute to various educational projects throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Saide, a well-established nonprofit organisation, works at a policy and systemic level with governments and other institutions, and supports educational programmes designed to increase equitable access to lifelong learning. Saide has particular interest in promoting the development and use of open education resources.
- Shape Saide’s strategic direction w.r.t. learning technologies;
- Lead and contributing to development projects in learning technologies;
- Contribute to the professional development and support of Saide educational staff;
- Minimum of an appropriate honours degree;
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in higher or further education;
- Ability to undertake and support research;
- Good academic writing skills;
- Effective workshop facilitation and oral communication skills;
- Exercise initiative, be flexible, highly organised and hardworking;
- Enjoy working in teams as well as independently;
- Be prepared to travel locally and in the region.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply, submit a CV with three work related referees with contact details and a one-page motivational letter to Maureen Madonsela, e-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Saide is committed to the principles of employment equity; previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs) are encouraged to apply.
or more about the South African Institute for Distance Education, refer to www.saide.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.